BCPS Breed Show – Going Ahead

The British Connemara Pony Society Breed Show will be going ahead on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th July.  We would have had to reconsider if the Show had been on Sunday or early next week when the weather is forecast to get very much hotter. As it is, the forecast for the temperatures is for 25 on Friday and 27 on Saturday. It is still hot but much the same as last year.

We have taken steps to look after the competitors both equine and human:-

  • There will be human water containers available on the Showground – so that your own water bottles can be filled.
  • There is an excellent wash down area at the end of the stable block near the entrance to the Showground, please use it.
  • Riders need not ride in jackets but please make sure that your shoulders are covered.
  • There will be two buggies operating a shuttle service from the car/lorry park to the Showground so that people should not have to walk too far.
  • The barrier at the entrance to Moreton Morell will be open from Thursday onwards so that you can plan your journey when the temperatures are cooler.  Click HERE for directions.
  • We have taken the decision to move the jumping classes that were to be in Ring 4 on Friday into the Indoor/Outdoor school. The WHP classes will be there on Saturday. The HOYS class will be in the Indoor/Outdoor school on Saturday after the conclusion of the WHP classes. This class will not run before 2pm and maybe a little bit later.
  • Warwickshire College have advised us that the large arena behind the indoor/outdoor arena is not suitable for fast work/jumping therefore there will be very limited use of this arena.
  • We are doing all we can to keep people and ponies safe and must ask you all to be aware of your own welfare and most importantly that of your ponies.
  • We look forward to seeing everyone and hope that we can all have an enjoyable two days.

FOLLOW US instagram british.connemara.pony.society  facebook@britishconnemaras