Why join the BCPS?
The British Connemara Pony Society exists to protect and enhance the Connemara breed within Great Britain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. By joining the BCPS, you will be able to:
- Be part of a community of Connemara enthusiasts
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the breed
- Receive a regular newsletter and the indispensable Connemara Chronicle
- Enter the new Member Portal on the BCPS website
Depending on the type of membership you choose, you may also be able to:
- Vote on issues affecting the breed
- Get discounted services from the BCPS, such as reduced fees for transfer of ownership, foal registration, registering Irish/overseas ponies in the BCPS Stud Book and inspections
- Get reduced entry fees for classes at the BCPS Breed Show & Northern Show and eligibility to enter the Dressage and Eventing Championships
- Be eligible to qualify for Connemara-specific championships such as the Tam O’Shanter Championship and Best of British rosettes
How to join
BCPS Membership runs from January to December each year.
There are two ways to join: by post or online.
To join by post:
- Download and print the BCPS Member Application Form
- Fill in the form with relevant information (junior members will need a countersignature by an adult)
- Post the form to the BCPS Office along with the appropriate fee, either by cheque or bank transfer
If you need to present a standing order mandate to your bank, one can be downloaded from here.
To join online:
- NEW MEMBERSHIP ONLY – Go to the Membership part of our Shop
- Select the type of membership you would like and fill in the accompanying form
- Pay securely by PayPal or
- If you select the “Pay Later” option you must then complete a transfer via your bank. Membership is not accepted until this payment has been made. British Connemara Pony Society, Sort Code:- 60-14-30, Account Number:- 44434006. Please use your surname as a reference. ** Please be aware that payment will not be requested by the Office**
In order to renew, please log into the Grassroots Database, which can be found under the Members Tab on our website. The log in details will be the same as the website details. There is an option on the landing page to process your renewal. This option will appear one month before the renewal is due. Payment:- Paypal or if you select the “Pay Later” option you must then complete a transfer via your bank. Membership is not renewed until this payment has been received.
** Please be aware that payment will not be requested by the Office**
BCPS Membership runs from January to December each year. Membership cards and Chronicle will be posted out by the Printers in early March each year.
Personal data will be made available to BCPS Regional Representatives who may contact you regarding local events.
By joining the BCPS you give consent to your personal data being held and processed by the BCPS in accordance with the General Data Protection Legislation 2018.
This table allows you to compare the different types of membership and decide which one is right for you. Please note that ages are calculated on the 1 January and a one-off Joining Fee of £5 is payable by all new Members and Members who renew after 31st March.
BCPS Membership runs from January to December each year
|Chronicle & Newsletters
|Online Member Portal
|Eligible for Eventing and Dressage Championships and discounted entries at BCPS Breed Show
|Discounts on all BCPS services inc: transfers, foal regs, overstamping imported ponies.
(2 adults + under 18s)
(Resident outside of the United Kingdom)
There are also a select few Honorary Members, who are nominated and approved by Council. They receive a Chronicle, can access the online Member Portal and are eligible for BCPS qualifiers as well as entry reductions.